Thursday, December 08, 2011

Deconstructed Tossed Salad

I should have taken a picture.

One day I came across this blog. http://thingsorganizedneatly.tumblr.com/

That night I made a salad for dinner, (Chicken ala taco seasoning, peppers, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, carrots, kidney beans, crushed corn chips...), all tossed together. My daughter usually will pick the olives out and one or two other things that suit her fancy, and simply just won't eat much, and then sneak in and make herself a peanut butter & big mess sandwich later on. Well instead of just putting a pile of salad on her plate that night, I organized it, neatly. She ate it all. Now the other kids want theirs the same way.

1 comment:

The Bec-ster said...

My oldest daughter should live at your house. She eats everything separate on her plate. Never a casserole unless it is separated.