Monday, January 21, 2008

I haven't been working on much lately because I feel like this painting by Picasso, in fact if this lady had a fatter nose and I had bangs, it would be the spitting image of me.


Yup, she's got the winter time blues , er I mean greens. I am ready for the snow to go away, or at least, the clouds to allow the sun to shine through. I spend my days looking at real estate in far off exotic locations (like exotic St. George, Utah) wishing I could move there. But I have to consign myself to the fact that we're not going anywhere. And as soon as spring starts showing up I'll be 100% content with life.

This next picture is a project I've been working on for about 5 years. It is the first quilt I ever started, and at the rate I'm going it will probably be the last I ever finish, hopefully that isn't true because I would like to finish it by the end of the winter. It doesn't help that I can't find my thimble. Someday when I finish it I'll show you the whole thing.


Little Rant: Did I mention that I hate my camera? Yes I have. And I'd like to say it again. I hate my Nikon Coolpix 5200. Out of the thousands of pictures I have taken of my children, only about 15 of them are usable.

4 comments:

bug girl said...

This is so sad. I feel your green blues. You need to do a different project during this gloomy time. Like hook my Haliplid Rug! We should go snowshoeing together this week, then you will feel better.

le said...

I can relate to the Logan greens. I feel your pain about the Nikon too, but you already knew I hate that camera brand. I'm glad you posted though!

The Bec-ster said...

I was thinking you weren't there anymore...like the snow had smothered you out...I'm glad that you are working on a project! I wish I had one to work on...oh I did make a friendship bracelet with the kids and we sent it to grandpa for his birthday but as a bookmark.
I think you should get a new camera. Sell the old one use the money for the new one.
IT SNOWED TODAY IN SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS and MT.DIABLO!!!

The Bec-ster said...

A little birdie told me why you look so GREEN! Hooray! I hope you find your thimble!