Friday, June 01, 2007

So my blog has changed it's clothing. I know the white makes it look like it didn't quite put enough clothing back on. I'm just messing around with it. I'll probably change it a few more times in the coming weeks until I settle on something. It's almost as fun as having a Barbie fashion show...

Here is what I've really been up to:



That is the quilt I am working on for my sisters baby. What you see there in my dark and blurry photo is bits and pieces of a dragon and a strawberry that I printed out on fabric, and now I'm appliqueing it all together. This is my first foray into printing on fabric and I have to say that I'm not too happy with the pre-made fabric sheets. They are very stiff. I think I'll make my own next time with my own choice of fabric on wax paper (you iron the fabric onto the waxy side of the wax paper, so that it will go through the printer, then you peel it off.)

I also finished, sold, and shipped this basket.

And I drew this picture and made this frame and listed it on Etsy:




You might think I'm on a roll, but if you realize how long it's been since I last posted you will also realize that this isn't much to show for all that time. Oh well, I'll just keep trudging along.

6 comments:

The Bec-ster said...

"She is an artist!" explaimed Mag.
Pretty cool. I love the strawberry, hope it works out.

That is such a classic cat expression. I think our cat would feel the same way if a dragon was found eating from her bowl.

Alice said...

what's up with you and dragons?

le said...

Did you finally get the basket handle to be stiff? Or did you just give up?

Maryanne said...

Oh barbie fashion shows, how I miss them!

le said...

I sent Butchy Boy Brent the link to your dragon frame and this is the conversation that followed:
brent says:
is that what pam is selling?
Le says:
yeah
brent says:
it is about time she starts selling things

Pam said...

So I've always liked drawing dragons, (okay, not always, I don't think I drew them as an infant). Right now I'm just drawing them more than usual, it's a phase I'll grow out of, but in the meantime expect to see more.

Le: I got the handle to be stiff on the basket, I had to tediously pick out some tediously stitched hand stitches and redo them, I'm happy I did it though.

Maryanne: I think that barbie fashion show game is in my parents garage somewhere...never to be found again. I tried finding it on ebay last Thanksgiving, but I had absolutely no luck...Thanksgiving will never be the same.