Monday, March 12, 2007



It has been many years since I have sewn clothes. I can only recall one skirt that I have made since high school. I almost sewed my wedding dress, but decided I didn't really want to and ended up buying one from a display at a fabric store. For some reason, I have the clothes sewing itch right now. Maybe it's because I have a little baby girl, and I've been looking at other peoples blogs who make really cute little girl clothing, also spring-like weather is very inspiring. What ever the reason, every time I go into a fabric store I tend to find something that I want to make into an outfit for my baby.

This first outfit I made turned out too big, so she'll have to wait a few months to wear it. I made the pattern up myself, gauging it against clothes that fit her right now. I guess I was lenient with the sizing because I didn't want to make it too small. I tried to try it on her, but playing dress ups with an almost one year old isn't as easy as it sounds. After the first time I put it on her she had figured things out and knew that when I approached her it was time to squeal and laugh and run, she is so silly.




This is an up-close picture of the print on the fabric. I am a sucker for thistles. I grew up playing in them. I would recommend a yard of thistles, before a lawn with rose bushes, any day.

2 comments:

The Bec-ster said...

ah thistles...brings back itchy stingy memories.

I think those are cute clothes...at first I thought they were for you. I'm glad they aren't and not for your son either. Little girls are fun to dress up!

the former female renter said...

wow, those are cute! I want a girl for the cute clothes, but I don't actually want another baby. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the clothes Eliza wears. You should make many more outfits to make me envious.